The uncertainty of the current situation is a worrying time for everyone. With food poverty prevalent among the families and young people we work with. Although the government has recommended social isolation, for us this is extremely worrying for our community.
“ONE Community” will support the most vulnerable and at-risk families identified by our partner schools. We will be utilising 5 schools within key areas in the community to provide non-perishable food, toiletries and activity resources.
“ONE Community” will provide:
- Outreach service to the elderly in the community
- Central pick up point for the young and able bodied
- Regular media posts of physical activities to support families physical and mental wellbeing
- Badu will work towards creating activity packs for families to support with health and well-being
“ONE Community Support Line” open every day (Monday – Sunday) from 11.30am – 9.30pm everyday Call us on 07494 906206. Staff have qualifications in Mental Health First Aid and Trauma Informed Practice.
- Emotional support
- Practical support for children
- Coping strategies for supporting yourselves and your children/family.
- Advice on creative activities
- Advice on wellness – physical and emotional
- Advice on accessing resources and services
But most importantly, knowing that you are not alone, we are here to listen and offer support.
The story so far
The “One Community” initiative has been incredibly successful so far, and this is only the start. We have received support and donations from big organisations and people such as, Nike, Martin Tyler, Bitstocks, Sky Sports, Plexal, Here East, Sport England and London Sport. This support has been instrumental in allowing us to deliver relief to our local community during this time of uncertainty. From the donations and the help of 30 volunteers of which 80% were aged 16 – 19 years old, we have been able to provide food and necessities during this time for 7 schools within the most deprived wards in Hackney. Within the schools we have supported 59 families. That is 225 individuals in total, 65% were children, 35% were adults. From this we supported, 1 single father, 3 grandparents, 37 single mothers and 19 families with 2 parents that have all been helped through the initiative.
The story so far
Your support is crucial to our effort to help those at risk. If you are able, we would be grateful if you could make a donation “ONE Community” Just Giving